Tuesday 16 May 2017

Snatched (2017)

I could watch Goldie Hawn in anything... which is good news for Snatched. The film isn't much but the combo of Hawn and Amy Schumer makes it more than just bearable, but generally enjoyable, despite a problematic plot and jokes which push the limits of whether they are really funny or not, Hawn and Schumer save what really isn't that good of a movie.

The film is likely best watched on a Netflix and chill night when there aren't more interesting choices and perhaps you're looking for something to have on while you do another task. It's inconsistent, moving between funny bits and not so funny bits. As I said the plot has its challenges and has "dumb American" written all over it.  But taken on the basest level it will make you laugh. It may be forgettable, and there are times it made me shake my head, but despite myself I found myself laughing.

Schumer still needs to find her cinema groove. Trainwreck had its issues too. One day she'll have a vehicle which truly showcases her potential. Until then we have this little misguided but somewhat funny pairing of two very funny comedians.

Snatched
Starring: Amy Schumer, Goldie Hawn, Ike Barinholtz, Joan Cusack, Wanda Sykes, Christopher Meloni, Randall Park, Tom Bateman
Director: Jonathan Levine
Writers: Katie Dippold, Amy Schumer

No comments:

Post a Comment