Saturday 3 November 2018

Nobody's Fool (2018)

Make no mistake about it, Nobody's Fool is a bad movie. It's meandering never ending plot is part rom-com nightmare and part wanna-be Girls Trip/Bridemaid shock comedy. But despite all it's flaws there are moments where I laughed myself silly despite myself. Then I went back to feeling angry over wasting my time on this trainwreck.

Perhaps the film's sole saving grace, despite an offensively bad romance which just reinforces all that is wrong with falling in love movies, is the fact that Tiffany Haddish is hilarious no matter what garbage she is in. And this is the first time I've enjoyed Whoopi Goldberg in anything in at least a decade so perhaps she found some of her mojo as well. But when one of them (or both) isn't making you laugh, the boring, downright insulting romance story here is just so bad... so bad...

I don't care how ridiculously gorgeous Omari Hardwick is, this is the kind of love story that just makes you go ewwwwwww. Tika Sumpter is an actress I think has a strong future if she can get parts worthy of her. And let's get Haddish the kind of movie that can actually exploit all her talent.  Cause the only fool here is the audience for buying a ticket.

I was catfished by this film.

Nobody's Fool 
Starring: Tiffany Haddish, Tika Sumpter, Omari Hardwick, Whoopi Goldberg, Amber Riley, Mehcad Brooks, Missi Pyle, Chris Rock
Writer/Director: Tyler Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment