Tuesday 11 May 2021

Together Together (2021)

I love the idea of a rom-com that is not about a "couple", people falling in romantic love, but finding a connection that doesn't involve kissing and sex and romance but is about really connecting together and deciding to make a life together. I also really love Ed Helmes and Patti Harrison, two comedians who often make me laugh. So when Together Together turned out to be such a disappointment, it hit harder than I expected. 

It's not often funny and more of the time it is very cliche. The moments that were supposed to be touching often failed to really land. Overall I felt like Together Together just never connected. I really wanted to like it but could never quite get into it.

It's not terrible really and the story is good enough that you can watch it to the end. I'm just not sure I could say you'll laugh very much or find it that moving. It was missing the real human magic that a story like this needs to make. 

Still I am all for trying to make more movies like this and I hope we'll get more that might just hit the target better. 

Together Together
Starring: Ed Helmes, Patti Harrison, Tig Notaro, Nora Dunn, Fred Melamed
Writer/Director: Nikole Beckwith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment