Wednesday 28 February 2024

Code 8 Part II (2024)

I was a little late to the first Code 8 film but I appreciate it for what it is. It, and it's sequel, know exactly what they are and they do it well. Code 8 is a very B-movie series and neither it's story, the premise, nor its execution is very original. Bit it does what it does well and owns it making this a very satisfying and entertaining sequel. 

With its slick runtime and narrowly drawn story, Code 8 Part II keeps things simple and doesn't overstay its welcome. It delivers a logical story with just enough there to keep us engaged. The Amells commit to their parts and everyone does their part. I could rail against the film not taking any chances or surprising us in any way, but instead I just let myself enjoy it for what it was and see that it doesn't feel cheap as many lower budget films do. 

Will Code 8 lead to a lengthy series of films? I think there is more to explore here and certainly room for the film makers to get more creative with what they have built. I wouldn't mind seeing them  grow this into something perhaps even more impressive. 

Code 8 Part II
Starring: Robbie Amell, Stephen Amell, Sirena Gulamgaus, Altair Vincent, Alex Mallari Jr., Moe Jeudy-Lamour, Aaron Abrams, Jean Yoon
Director: Jeff Chan
Writers: Chris ParĂ©, Jeff Chan, Sherren Lee, Jesse LaVercombe

No comments:

Post a Comment